As you get to know another culture when go abroad, you soon will notice some different habits in every day life than you are used to. Here are some I recognized the last few days. Have fun with them ;-)
• People here are warm hearted and friendly. If you need some help they are happy to give you answers.
• Just because the traffic lights turn red for walkers, it doesn't mean people stop walking. They really don't.
• Please keep in mind: Busses NEVER arrive in time. Add another 20 minutes and you will still be fine.
• Punctuality has another definition in the irish language. They rather expect you to be 10 minutes late than to arrive earlier than agreed.
• POTATOES!!! The irish folk is nearly obsessed with potatoes. They love to add them in various kinds to their dinners. Which means for example: Cottage with ham and potatoes, sandwich and chips for lunch, pizza with potatoe wedges and corn for dinner. Me as an Austrian, I still need to get used to that kind of habit.
Are you thinking of other habtis you have noticed while you where in Ireland? Let me know and share yours in the comments!